PORTMADE - THE HOLDING
Portmade started its activities in 1993 with a
continuous expansion and diversification of activities.
It became a holding with 2 daughter companies:
- Portmade Customs NV
- IFB Service Center (Joint venture with IFB NV)
Portmade also includes a general Forwarding department
- veterinary and phytosanitary checks
- container and cargo trading/survey
Since 15th April 2013 a new division for chartering over the European inland waterways was founded
under brand name ‘SALF’.
Within the organisation, there is a constant look for future development thanks to and due to constantly
changing surroundings and new governmental and European Rules and Regulations.
Members of the Portmade staff participate in various local, national and international associations, federations and commissions, such as:
- Member in Board of VEA (Antwerp Forwarder’s Association)
- Member in Board of CEB (Belgian Forwarder’s Association)
- Co-President of National Customs Forum (Ops Management)
- President of Customs expert commission Alfaport Antwerpen
- President of Customs expert Commission VEA Antwerp
- Member of Customs expert Commission ECSA
As per definition Portmade offers services of any kind, relating to carriage, consolidation, storage, handling, packing and distribution of goods, as well as ancillary and advisory services in connection therewith, including customs and fiscal matters, declaring the goods, etc...
PMC is expert in all customs related documents: import, export, transit, interport and intra-european equalisations, fiscal representation, claims handling, application permits in the BENELUX and with local offices in Antwerp, Zeebrugge, Liège and Rotterdam.
The physical checks are performed by our own personnel.
Within 4 hours after receipt of the instructions, documents are available. In most cases only 2 hours are required.
Through the EXPLORE connection (one virtual office in Benelux) PMC also invested in a Disaster Recovery Plan and Helpdesk, by which continuity of activities is guaranteed 24/24h - 7/7d.
Full edifact and electronic dialogue with authorities and clients.